Sunday, November 28, 2010

This is Bat Country! ....Er... Pterosaur Country?

Bloody pterosaurs!  Givin' me difficulties...

This was one of the first ideas I had for a monster, a pterosaur/vulture like thing that would attack in flocks.  On it's own a minor annoyance, but in groups rather aggravating.  They'd flock around where there was carrion or around places where the Allicrocogatordile-komodo dragon-pelican-venomous-frog-thing may be hiding (to eat the leftovers of it's meal, this would gives players some warning occasionally without having to watch the ground for suspicious looking rocks all the time)

But I'm having some issues with it, I just can't seem to figure out how I want it to look.  The most developed sketches look too much like a regular pterosaur, and (in my opinion) too strong looking to be a rather weak enemy.  I am probably going to have to go back to my earlier sketches and try again; simplify it down, try to get more vulture in there.

Once I get this one sketched to my liking, I still have 1 or 2 monsters to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment